And this is why I love blogging so much.
I can come up with an idea, search for a domain and set up a WordPress Blog within a day. Try doing that with any other business.
I’ll even post my first blog post before the days out. WooHoo!
Now I’m not bragging about how easy blogging is but want you to know I’m in the trenches alongside you.
Therefore, I’m launching my Niche Website Challenge 2016 and encourage you to join in.
Are you on board?
Niche Website Challenge 2016 Rules
Start – 1st May 2016
- Your Domain must be first registered after 1st May 2016
– To avoid people buying existing domains, any existing domain must have been unregistered for the previous year
– You don’t need to reveal your URL until the end of the challenge
- You need to choose a family-friendly niche
– Let’s keep this clean
- You must publish a Monthly Website Update
– You can include any relevant stats you like
– We want to see what you’ve been up to and your strategy
- You must publish a Monthly Income Report
– Even earning a small amount makes blogging worth the journey
– This can be included in your monthly website update report
- You must have fun!
– Let’s make blogging enjoyable.
There are no winners in this game, but I might award a few prizes at the end if enough people join in.
This Niche Website Challenge 2016 finishes on April 30th 2017.
Niche Website Challenge Objectives
So why the Niche Website Challenge?
We’ll it’s a great opportunity to learn how to blog in a community of other bloggers who might be at your level.
And you’ll learn what can really be achieved in 1 years worth of blogging.
It’s fine for the so-called blogging authorities to tell you how easy it is to start a blog but if they started again, things might be a lot tougher than they remember.
The Internet is constantly evolving and what worked last year might not work today.
Plus, I personally like the challenges of starting fresh every now and again, and with the experience I’ve gained during my time as a blogger, I hope to continually improve my blogs.
Finally, I understand the excitement of blogging can sometimes wane after a few months, so hopefully after giving blogging a full year of your time, you’ll know if it’s right for you.
How Can You Participate
Just start your blog, and follow the rules listed above.
Then add a comment below to let us know you’re in or PM me on Twitter @diyblogguy if you want me to include your monthly reports on this website. As a bonus, you’ll be getting a nice do-follow link back to your website which is always good for your SEO score.
So let’s get started!
PS: I just registered a new domain on NameCheap for under $1 for this challenge, but if you also need a hosting account, you can get one at iPage for under $25USD per year, which also includes your domain name.